Our nucs are local bees raised from Woodcamp Farm. These queens are locally raised with high quality Carnolian, Saskatraz, and Canadian Buckfast genetics. These breeds are known for their wintering ability, temperament, tracheal mite resistance, varroa tolerance/resistance, and tolerance/resistance for brood diseases. They are perfect for more northern areas that experience prolonged cold spells.
Why our nucs vs competitors?
- Bees are from our hives that are overwintered here in the Mid-Atlantic!
- Nucs are not made in the south and shipped here.
- Queens are raised from queen cells grafted from OUR BEES! Spring 2020 Queens!
- Queens have never seen the inside of a queen cage. Being inside a cage makes a queen who is laying hundreds or thougsands of eggs per day slam on the breaks and goto zero per day.
- Our queens have not been sent hundreds or thousands of miles in the mail! We don’t purchase queens from other suppliers to put in our nucs- they are ours!
Nucs are sold with 5 deep or medium frames (please specify for mediums). We don’t exchange the frames or require the box to be returned, so once you leave the farm, the whole nuc is yours. All 5 frames will have drawn comb and 2 or 3 of those frames will already contain brood. The brood will give you a strong start for your bees to establish themselves in their new home. These are strong nucs, with a low/or no mite count, and are overall healthy bees. Included with this order is a nuc box, 5 frames, brood, nurse bees, forager bees, guard bees, drone bees and a local mated queen.
Nucs will be available for pickup either the 18th or 25th of April. This will depend on late March and early April weather. Specifics will come out April 1.
All of our nucs will be Maryland State inspected prior to you picking them up.
If the queen has an issue within the first 30 days, replacement queens will be available at a 40% discount.